Sunday, January 13, 2008

Generally...

I, like most of us, also wanted to create a space of my own - even if "virtual", where I could have the complete freedom to express myself using words/expressions/annotations that represent me and reflect the truth (if there is one) of my existence alone. A space for which I need pay no rent, one which would not be at the peril of being marauded, usurped, stolen from the ever expanding influence of the gangsters masquerading as respected citizens and individuals...

I don't have a set agenda for this blog; that in fact is the beauty of this blog - here you will find random thoughts mirroring the randomness of the inner most recesses of my thinking...

Recently, the event of Benazir's assasination brought to fore the increasing vulnerability of those who dare speak their minds. I am not saying this as if I have followed Benazir's political career to the hilt. But right or wrong, strong or baseless her political lineage and leanings - I speak from the vantage point of an individual who understands other individuals like myself - an individual with a family, with responsiblities towards one's children, spouse, parents and country - that person who tries to piece it altogether and ekes an existence full of strife. What did those bastards get out of eradicating a life which was fighting for a cause? Was she threatening the terrorists standing in the trenches they hide in?

They don't have the guts to fight in the open - they hide, wear masks and attempt assasinations.

However, the way their influence is expanding, the day is not far away when they would be able to walk into a country's parliament and blow it up or walk in the Supreme Court and blow the Judge away. They can do it.. Sure they can...and this ironically all in the name of a God (Allah) who is supposed to create and protect and empower ....

Well - no one said life was easy...

No comments: